Early Years Chef
Nursery Manager / Catering Support Manager
To provide exceptional early years care in a safe, nurturing and fulfilling environment whilst inspiring children to unlock their full potential through key skills and values which will establish them as gifted citizens of the world.
To be a nursery where teaching is fun, and learning is easy.
We are caring
We are kind, gentle, calm, and welcoming. We respect the children, each other, and our environment. We teach the children and are ready to listen and learn from them. We build trusting, supportive, and non-discriminatory relationships in the best interests of the child. We have sensitive, responsive, and expressive interactions between practitioner and children. We celebrate each child’s unique perspective and take children seriously as active and competent members of society.
We are energetic
We play, learn, and laugh together, spending time outdoors and encouraging children to be active, confident, and joyful participants. We provide experiences which inspire creativity and nurture curiosity, enabling children to be independent, resilient, and successful. We grow, eat, and cook together, building skills for a healthy future.
We are innovative
We uphold traditional theories and pedagogies, but constantly review, research, and reflect. We listen to ideas and are ready to embrace them. We are proud to be leaders in progressive childcare.
- To be aware of special diets / allergies.
- Will be responsible for / oversee all food preparation.
- To liaise with nursery staff regarding food issues, and to carry out any other duties as requested by the Nursery manager / or deputy.
- To complete company “Safer Food Better Business” paperwork daily.
- To follow company “Healthy Eating” policy.
- To follow “Food for Life Served Here” standards.
- Maintain personal hygiene in the kitchen.
- Wear clean, appropriate uniform at all times.
- To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
- To ensure all kitchen staff are aware of their Health and Safety responsibilities and have received adequate training.
- To intervene when unsafe practices are seen and implement correct action.
- To prepare, cook and present food to the standard required by Snapdragons.
- Promote healthy eating.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of all information received.
- Report any evidence or sightings of pest.
- Report any accidents / injuries.
- Report any issues with kitchen equipment.
- Placing / receiving deliveries with company’s allocated suppliers.
- To be responsible for stock rotation and levels.
- To lead any visit from environmental health officers.
- Attend company events, including staff meetings if required.
What you need
- Enhanced DBS
- Aged 18 or over
- Level 2 / 3 in Hospitality & Catering (or equivalent)
- Ability to engage with colleagues and parents
- A willingness to undertake relevant further training as and when required
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to engage and interact positively with children
- Able to follow instructions and work using own initiative as necessary
- Reliable, responsible, trustworthy and motivated
- Commitment to safeguarding children at all times
- Subscription to the DBS update service
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Allergen Training
- Previous employment within a childcare setting / care setting catering for vulnerable people
- Previously managed a catering establishment / staff
- Paediatric First Aid Training (12 hours)
- Emergency First Aid at Work (1 Day)
- Foundation Safeguarding Awareness Training